We all have a story to tell, and when it comes to mental health, it doesn’t necessarily have to be about a diagnosed illness. We all go through experiences that leave a long-lasting impact, and sometimes they can even change us completely.
Storytelling is something that can help people feel less alone and we are here to feature your stories: the good, the bad, the complex, the simple, etc. Please read through the guidelines below before submitting your story!
- Length: 700-1,200 words
- Submissions must be your own original work..
- No self promotions.
- In regards to talking about sensitive subjects such as trauma, suicide, etc: We HIGHLY recommend only telling a story from a place where the wound has healed. We do not recommend telling a story that is still fresh.
- Please include necessary trigger warnings & credit outside sources of information
- Please note: We typically do not publish stories that give over generalized/over simplified advice or anything that says “fight/destroy/squash the stigma”
- Have a question? Check out our FAQ page.
- Check out our other submission options: art & one sentence story.
Please fill out the form below to submit your work.